Seeking feedback and/or approval on CWG working group drafts

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Fri Apr 22 17:08:12 UTC 2011

----- "Rex Dieter" <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Christofer C. Bell wrote:
>
> >  To continue the "at the
> > office" analogy above, managers don't delegate laying people off to
> their
> > team leaders.  They do it themselves.  As it should be.
>
> Or how about board=boss/owner, cwg=(delegated)managers

Is the unstated issue that the board is partially selected/elected by the community, the CWG is not? No matter what "the buck stops" with the board anyhow.

IMO the office analogy is not applicable to Fedora, you don't elect bosses or managers after all. Fedora is better than an office job in the end.

I thought that the CWG was being created to be more of an investigative and advisory group for the board, no "real" power even if implied.

I really think we all have better things to do than argue about stuff like this. It's easy to fix, lets pick our battles.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |