New trademark approval policy

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Aug 1 19:29:57 UTC 2011

On 08/01/2011 03:25 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> In the original email from David, it seemed
> there was a way in the trademark policy for some groups to use the
> trademark without direct board approval, and then there were ways that
> it was required. where that fuzzy line is what I was looking for.

The only ways that anyone can use the trademark without direct board
approval are outlined in the trademark guidelines:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines

These lines are very much not fuzzy. :)

In fact, the section on "Virtual images or appliances with unmodified
Fedora software" would cover both the EC2 and Linode cases equally, or
to be blunt, assuming the guidelines are followed, an EC2 build
generated by the Fedora Cloud SIG does not need special Board approval.

~tom

==
Fedora Project