trusted computing SIG formation

David Egts degts at redhat.com
Mon Feb 14 16:04:25 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have some customers interest in doing trusted computing in RHEL (e.g., TPM, trusted boot, etc.).  RHEL and Fedora provide basic components thanks to contributions from Red Hat, the community, and hw and sw partners, but real world customer use cases need to be fleshed out to ensure we are delivering the right capabilities.

The thought is to prove this out in Fedora and then move the effort into future versions of RHEL if found to be commercially applicable and viable.

For starters, the SIG would comprise of a mailing list and wiki.  For instance...

       trusted-computing at lists.fedoraproject.org
       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Trusted_computing

I would be happy to get this SIG off the ground with help from Eric Paris.  Once we get it off the ground the next step would be to announce its existence on select email lists and directly to interested customers and hw and sw partners.

Does this sound like a good plan or do you have any objections or advice?

I really appreciate your guidance.  My apologies in advance for any ignorance.  I've had my Fedora account for all of literally 10 minutes, but I really look forward to working with the Fedora community!

If no one objects in the next couple of days, I'll assume I'm good and will proceed to request an email list on the Fedora infrastructure page.

Thanks all and have a great week!

Dave

--
David D. Egts, RHCA, RHCSS #805007796228001
Principal Architect
degts at redhat.com