Resetting Expectations: Fedora Infrastructure.

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 06:53:45 UTC 2011

On 02/18/2011 08:17 PM, seth vidal wrote:

> I think we can find another solution for those cases that doesn't
> involve having a machine/instance running 24/7.

Just a thought on this matter:

Couldn't we find a way to use virtualization to provide "on-demand"
service for this kind of thing?

Ie., find a way to boot the virtual machine as needed to provide the
function, then shut it down upon completion.

Doing such things "on-demand" rather than "available 24/7, needed or
not" would, I suspect, save fedora/redhat/other sponsors, alot of money.

I'm not even sure such things are possible (though they should be in
this age), so feel free to tell me so.

Lyos Gemini Norezel