Proposed governance documents

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Feb 22 13:41:45 UTC 2011

On 02/22/2011 03:24 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Going through the governance documents which are generally sound except
> for this part [1].
>
> * Appoint or remove members of itself
> * Chooses its own method of adding and removing members
>
> This has the potential affect to be misused and effectively takes any
> kind of community involvement out of the picture.

Do realize that this document, in general, is more about trying to
define and characterize the status quo.  And, to my own thinking, that
statement is fairly accurate.  Do you disagree?

Further, I'd suggest that if you don't like this particular item as
worded, please do provide constructive suggestions on how to make it better.

-- rex