fedora-it community site on Ubuntu server

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 10 15:57:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 15:51 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 01/10/2011 03:10 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Heck, large chunks of Fedora's own infrastructure run on RHEL.
>
> Is there any particular reason why we are doing that?

1. so we don't have to update our own servers to a new version every
year

2. so we can rely on api/abi-consistency

> Does it not discredits Fedora as a viable server platform if we do that?

The lifespan of fedora is FAR too short for a server so - while the
software itself is definitely server-capable the supported lifetime is
not.

> Honestly should we be eating our own dog food and all that?

RHEL is downstream of fedora so we are, ultimately, eating our own
dogfood.

-sv