fedora-it community site on Ubuntu server

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 10 17:13:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 17:45 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > We want to provide stability, which does not mean constantly upgrading
> > the server's base os.
> But you are expecting Fedora's users to do so?

Nope. Not at all.

> That said, to me the real issues with Fedora on servers is not the
> life-cycle. It's Fedora silently having been converted into a (mostly
> single-user) desktop OS, with many of its key components not being
> suitable for server usage.

I agree with you that the above is a problem. I disagree that it was
done silently. It's been a massive amount of tooth-gnashing and
argument.

somehow "fedora" has been convinced that people really want an OS-X
clone in free software but w/o any of the hw integration or
media-capability.

-sv