Dear Fedora board, please open your trac

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 11 09:03:08 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:52:00 am David Nalley wrote:
> First, I apologize for top posting, however my phone is ignorant of
> netiquette. We explored doing something similar with FAmSCo's trac and
> private tickets appears to be an instance wide boolean at least with the
> version of trac in fedorahosted. So the tool appears to be the limiting
> factor as you can't have public tickets with the private tickets plugin
> enabled.

Do someone know if it is fixed in newer versions of Trac (if available)?
Otherwise two Trac instances - private and public could be solution as Toshio
pointed out but it will be also more difficult for us to work with it - is ticket
#22 private or public? And similar problems. So I would prefer researching the
state of Trac and support for private/public tickets in one Trac instance.

It make sense to be as open and transparent as we can to community, there is
still possibility of misuse of private tickets/trac instance but I really hope
it can work well.

Jaroslav