Dear Fedora board, please open your trac

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:33:00 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 11.01.2011, 11:25 -0500 schrieb Jared K. Smith:
> Based on the comments so far, it
> seems to me that the stated problem is that "public data is somehow
> trapped inside private Board tickets".  While there may be a few
> instances of that happening, I can tell you unequivocally that the
> vast majority of tickets are for things that the Board has chosen to
> keep private (usually relating to individual persons, legal matters,
> and such).  In the rest of the tickets, we talk about the tickets in
> our meetings, and make no secret about what the tickets are related
> to.  Are there other problems you're trying to address with this
> proposal, other than the one I stated?  If so, let's discuss it here.

Hi Jared,

it's not only abut increased transparency but also about better and more
effective communication. Take a look the at the multi-desktop DVD thing:
      * How many times die you have to dig through 4 different threads
        on 2 mailing lists (ambassadors and board)?
      * How many times did I have to repeat myself because info got lost
        on it's way to the board members?
      * How many board members do know what exactly we discussed in our
        two phone calls?
      * What are the remaining items on the list of media handout
        requirements the multi-desktop DVD needs to take?
      * Is there a way to trac the progress during the last 3 months?
        When was the ball rolling and when was the process stalled?

All these questions could be answered by looking at a single ticket
easily.

Last but not I think that an issue tracker encourages people to work on
the issues more focused and constructive while a mailing list leads them
to state their personal opinions or even rants and flames. (Yes, I know
I'm guilty as charged here)

Regards,
Christoph