Dear Fedora board, please open your trac

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 12 00:31:41 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 11.01.2011, 19:07 -0500 schrieb Brian Pepple:
> On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 00:58 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Wrong. As mentioned in my very first email in this thread and further
> > explained by Jörg, FAMSCo's trac is *not* private. It is open to
> > submission by all FAS account holders and people can see their own
> > tickets. I have said that this would be a suitable solution for me,
> > although I'd like to see more transparency if possible.
>
> I don't think your correct on this point. Joerg wrote the following
> earlier in this thread:
>
>         we also decided not to open the FAmSCo Trac Instance, because we
>         came to the conclusion that we can not expose private/personal
>         information out of our tickets
>
>         But we made really good experiences to allow authenticated Users
>         create new tickets and let them follow up only their own tickets
>
> Which is where I believe Jesse got his information.

I don't think I'm wrong here, perhaps Jesse and me have a different
understanding of the word 'private'. In my very first email I explained
that I am fine with the level of privacy that FAMSCo has. I never
demanded trac to be world-readable but I wanted it to be open to Fedora
project contributors in order to bring something up to the board's
attention.

Regards,
Christoph