Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 08:09:28 UTC 2011

On 01/12/2011 02:34 AM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> I think the choice needs to be presented in GDM, with some opportunity
> to get help with it.

Hum that does not make sense to me.

The showcase ( in this case Multi Live *DE DVD ) should reflect the
final product ( tried and install Chosen Live *DE  ) as much as possible.

Each *DE has it's own display manager thus the user experience would
differ ( and cause disappointment from the end users ) from "tried and
tested liked" to "chosen to install" ( since he would expect the same
display manager he was presented with to begin with ) however this would
make sense to me to do if all the *DE shared the same display manager.

JBG