Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD (was: Re: Dear Fedora board, please open your trac)

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Wed Jan 12 18:48:02 UTC 2011

----- "Christoph Wickert" <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Wrong, the menu is shown by default and if no choice is made, It will
> boot into 32 bit GNOME live. Please take a look at the prototype or
> the
> wiki page at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Cwickert/MultiDesktopDVD
>
> It is really frustrating to see that I did a prototype back in October
> and the people that are to approve it don't care. Now I was asked to
> do
> a wiki page, which I did, but again, people don't bother. This is so
> frustrating. :(
>

> Will you please look at the protoype or at
> http://noname.math.vt.edu/Fedoraunity/Screenshot-f14%20-%20VMware%
> 20Player.png

It should be noted that the project https://fedorahosted.org/multiboot-media-creator/ listed on the wiki page at this time has no immediate focus on creating compound LiveMedia .iso images as Christoph is interested in. By his own admission Christoph has nothing to do with the project. Trying to add support for what Christoph is looking for was attempted and has been shelved for the time being. The example screen shot shown was but an early test that failed overall, since then mmc has been re-written and this function may work in the future.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |