Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD

David Riches david.r at ultracar.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 12:26:33 UTC 2011

_____

From: Jared K. Smith [mailto:jsmith at fedoraproject.org]
To: Fedora community advisory board [mailto:advisory-board at lists.fedoraproject.org]
Sent: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:18:05 +0000
Subject: Re: Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM, David Riches <david.r at ultracar.co.uk> wrote:
  > afaik, isolinux can do the same job that grub is currently doing, because
  > its not attempting to chainload the isos. I'm happy to test it tomorrow
  > though.

  Please try that -- I think that would make several of us more
  comfortable, both from a "failure to boot" and an "easier to make look
  good" perspective.
  Seems to work fine, I haven't gone through the liveinst procedure, but realistically these are booting in exactly the same way as a conventional live image, just with a subtle change to the boot argument (notably live_dir=foo)

http://dcr226.fedorapeople.org/Screenshot-1.png

Regards

Dave

  --