Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD (was: Re: Dear Fedora board, please open your trac)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 13 14:36:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 09:51 -0600, inode0 wrote:

> The reaction I would like to see from the board is one based on its
> trust that these people probably know what they are talking about. How
> can the board help them make it happen? Three areas have been
> identified: releng, QA, and design. Whatever issues need to be
> resolved in these three areas may or may not need the board's
> involvement, but I think it is clear that encouragement from the board
> to get this done would help get it done.

>From a QA angle, I can't see this project adding much pain. As it's
essentially just a pretty thin wrapper around the existing live images
which we already test, additional testing required for this combined
image would be very minimal.

If any of the pie-in-the-sky proposals to make it some kind of big
single image with all the desktops installed together and GDM to choose
between them, or something like that, happened, then that would be a
*much* more significant QA burden.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey