Remaining issues for the multi desktop DVD

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 13 21:23:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Tom Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> * Proposed media artwork for the Multi-Desktop DVD
> * Proposed media-sleeve artwork for the Multi-Desktop DVD

I've offered to do the text on the sleeves explaining the process of
how to choose your preferred desktop environment, but that depends on
have a technical decision made regarding the boot menu.

> * Screenshots of Boot Screens for the Multi-Desktop DVD
> * Documented sign-off from Fedora Release Engineering that they are
> willing, ready and able to generate the images for the Multi-Desktop DVD

I've already talked to Dennis regarding this.  He's taken a first stab
at the script in the multiboot-media-creator, doesn't anticipate any
problems with it, but will be doing additional testing from Australia
as soon as possible.

> * Documented sign-off from Fedora Quality Assuarance that they have
> received and approved a QA test plan for the Multi-Desktop DVD and have
> reviewed that the test plan was executed without issue.

We've already talked to Adam about this -- it shouldn't be much of a
concern, as we're using existing ISOs that have already had their QA
work done.  The final piece that needs to be tested is the boot menu
itself.

> * A list of the SRPMs used in the creation of the Multi-Desktop ISO
> image (in this case, a collation of the list of SRPMs that make up each
> incorporated spin would be sufficient)

Is this really a requirement?  Isn't it enough to say "We used these
five ISOs from Fedora, and this script to generate the DVD ISO"?  To
be honest, this just sounds like busy work to me.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader