multi-desktop DVD criteria

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 21:17:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 04:51, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 14.01.2011, 01:07 -0600 schrieb Christofer C. Bell:
>> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Christoph Wickert
>> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Last but not least I'd like to point out that *none* of the current
>> > media meets the requirements. With that list we must not give out any
>> > physical media.
>>
>> "This page is a draft only. It is still under construction and content
>> may change. Do not rely on the information on this page."
>>
>> You've pointed out several times, in several threads, that the current
>> Fedora media does not meet the posted policy and that under the posted
>> policy we should stop distributing any media.  Please stop posting
>> this as it's disingenuous and, frankly, FUD.
>
> You think it's FUD? Please allow me to name some unmet items then:

Lets all back away from the imflammatory language.

1) It is a draft.
2) It has been said to use as a guideline for F15.

So lets a fix it and move on. [And not bring it up again unless it
breaks again.]

> "Media must have Fedora-themed artwork"
>
> By the time they get approved, the artwork is not ready yet. I wonder
> why I have to present the artwork as a requirement for approval.

Use old fedora themed artwork. It has been accepts and covers this.

> "Artwork must clearly describe what is on the media. Example: "Fedora
> Desktop, i686 architecture"
>
> WTF is the "Fedora Desktop"? The other desktops are named KDE, LXDE and
> Xfce, nobody knows what the "Fedora Desktop" is. And why does the
> install DVD have the icons of Xfce and LXDE on it, when these desktops
> are not on the DVD?

Fedora Desktop has been accepted by various groups as the Gnome
desktop. I don't like it, you don't like it, but guess what.. bringing
it up every couple of emails just makes sure this turns into something
people will only be satisfied by leaving Fedora.

> "Artwork must clearly describe what is on the media. Example: "Fedora
> Desktop, i686 architecture""
>
> This is not a clear description, see above
>
> "If Fedora Design Team produced artwork is desired, this must be added
> to Fedora Design Team schedule by Alpha."
>
> Spin owners cannot add something to the design team#s schedule, they can
> only file tickets in their trac, but this is not a guarantee that the
> artwork is done in in time. I have tickets sitting in that trac for
> several releases now.

I would say if it has been entered into the trac by alpha and clearly
marked as being needed you have met that.

> "Must have an approved test plan on file with the Fedora Quality
> Assurance team
> Test plan should be written involving members of the QA team
> Test plan must be executed by someone, with review by a member of the QA
> team. NB: this requires at least 2 people to participate in the testing.
> The above must be in place in sufficient time to allow testing, and
> remediation of uncovered issues, to occur"
>
> *None* of this was is part of the spins process.

It should be. And if it means we drop all our spins... I am ok with that.

> "The list of SRPMs used in the creation of the ISO image must be
> recorded in the correspondingsource git tree"
>
> *None* of the media we ship ATM is in that tree, see
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=correspondingsource.git;a=tree;f=srpmlists;hb=HEAD

Then we need to fix that. Who can do it and what is needed. Since this
is a legal requirement, we need to fix this asap.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren