multi-desktop DVD criteria

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jan 15 22:10:46 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 12:51:07 +0100,
  Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> "Must have an approved test plan on file with the Fedora Quality
> Assurance team
> Test plan should be written involving members of the QA team
> Test plan must be executed by someone, with review by a member of the QA
> team. NB: this requires at least 2 people to participate in the testing.
> The above must be in place in sufficient time to allow testing, and
> remediation of uncovered issues, to occur"
>
> *None* of this was is part of the spins process.

We were working on making this happen in what was left of the Spins SIG.
The people discussing this felt that people needed to sign off that their
spin had been tested before the release and that spins not meeting this
requirement should not have isos posted. We ended up not actually implementing
this for F14, in part because of the low participation in Spins SIG and
because I didn't want to do the cat herding to get people to do this without
having people feel their spin was unfairly held back because they weren't
attending Spins SIG meetings or missed a message on the spins mailing list
and because it would have been another time sink that I didn't have the time
and engery for dealing with. I do think it is a good idea.

> "The list of SRPMs used in the creation of the ISO image must be
> recorded in the correspondingsource git tree"
>
> *None* of the media we ship ATM is in that tree, see
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=correspondingsource.git;a=tree;f=srpmlists;hb=HEAD

This probably happened because of lost knowledge in the spins SIG. It wasn't
documented where I knew to look and I didn't know about it. This is probably
something that should be documented in the Spins SIG process documentation
if we want to keep doing this going forward.