multi-desktop DVD criteria

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 00:13:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 11:49, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Am Freitag, den 14.01.2011, 14:17 -0700 schrieb Stephen John Smoogen:

>>> Lets all back away from the imflammatory language.
>>
>> Please tell this Christofer and not me, I was not the one to introduce
>> the term "FUD", I just quoted him.
>
> The "Lets all back away" is meant to be a informal plural that is
> meant to be inclusive to everyone (including myself).
>
> Beyond that, I am tired and this email just makes me grumpier. Could
> you rewrite it in german and just let me deal with a google
> translation because the English is coming across as someone as highly
> passive aggressive to the point where a) it is always our (RH, board,
> releng, anyone but you) fault, and b) you are always the victim.

This is exactly why I used the term FUD.  Because Christoph seems hell
bent on using a draft policy, subject to change, provided merely as
guidance, as a metal bat in the hands of the policy board to beat him.
 He seems incapable of posting without anti-policy board snark,
without insulting the motives and intelligence of the very people he
seeks help from.

Yes, this is why I used the term FUD.  I am entirely convinced that
Christoph (evidenced by what I have read of him here on this list over
the past several months) is incapable of civil discussion and,
regardless of whatever positive intentions he has, is a prime example
of the "poisonous people" that have been discussed in the past as
being a real killer of community.

I do not envy you, policy board members, of your continued need to
engage with this hostile, bitter man.

I speak out as a member of the community who is disappointed that
someone as throughly unpleasant as Christoph is able to waste policy
board time, malign those who work so tirelessly to make Fedora the
wonderful community that it is, and continuously and without fail
posts his snide and negative accusations of conspiracy without being
called a spade.  It is infuriating that the very requirements of civil
discourse prevent giving his vitriol the pushback it deserves.

In any case, I have spoken my peace and leave the headaches to you.
My feelings are known and do not need to be expressed again. If you
can turn this into a positive sharing of ideas and are able to find a
way forward with Christoph, you are truly better human beings than I
am.

--
Chris