multi-desktop DVD criteria

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Jan 16 00:17:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 16:10 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> We were working on making this happen in what was left of the Spins SIG.
> The people discussing this felt that people needed to sign off that their
> spin had been tested before the release and that spins not meeting this
> requirement should not have isos posted. We ended up not actually implementing
> this for F14, in part because of the low participation in Spins SIG and
> because I didn't want to do the cat herding to get people to do this without
> having people feel their spin was unfairly held back because they weren't
> attending Spins SIG meetings or missed a message on the spins mailing list
> and because it would have been another time sink that I didn't have the time
> and engery for dealing with. I do think it is a good idea.

The idea is good but the implementation needs a bit of tweaking. 'test
plan' is a piece of jargon with a specific meaning which it may be best
to stay away from. The idea of the tests being executed by 'a
person' (which seems to require it be one single person doing all the
tests) and overseen by 'someone' from QA also isn't phrased terribly
well, and should be tweaked. Basically I'd just like this to reflect the
process we've already put in place for the desktop spins, where there is
a set of tests (call it a test plan if you must :>) which is included in
the general desktop release validation process; the tests can be done by
anyone (and multiple ones) and there isn't a requirement for oversight,
exactly.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey