multi-desktop DVD criteria

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 15:58:53 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 6:43 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth, I've met Christoph personally, worked with him on
> numerous projects, and found him to be entirely the opposite of
> poisonous. I think your email was rude and supremely unhelpful.

As a lurker on this thread and a semi-long time Fedora user (FC 6) I
just wanted to add my $0.02 that will hopefully provide some
perspective from a 3rd person point of view.

I'm not sure how much of it is English as a second language and how
much is intentional but the overall gist I get is he is someone who is
EXTREMELY frustrated by:

- the lack of progress on this project (if it can be called that at this point)
- the lack of specific requirements
- the double standard (w/ other spins) used when he actually get's
specific requirements
- More people putting up road blocks instead of being helpful in
trying to remove them.

I'm don't have a lot of knowledge on the inner workings of the Fedora
project but as a project engineer (medical device manufacturing, not
that it matters) I can tell that this process has been very
dysfunctional thus far.

While it is not an absolute requirement to provide a solution along
with stating a problem/road block, it would be very helpful.

Not everyone puts their puts their position/title w/ Fedora in their
signatures so I'm not sure who would be the right person, but what I
think Christoph needs right now is a champion within the Fedora
hierarchy to help move this project along.

Anyone willing to volunteer?

I think this is a great idea that would be very helpful at the next
Installfest w/ my local LUG to let people test drive the various DE's.

Respectfully
Richard M. Shaw