Fedora Board Recap 07-06-2011

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:19:11 UTC 2011

On 07/06/2011 11:52 PM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> ** Having a default licensing agreement makes sense, don't want to go
> towards copyright assignment

This makes it seem like a either/or choice.  That isn't the case.

> ** Seems the objection to the FPCA is not that they don't want to sign
> the FPCA but that it's "hard" to sign the FPCA
> *** Would it be better to address those specific usability problems?

My concerns as I clarified several times had nothing to do with usability.

> *** In the US, at least, there's only minimal rights associated with
> things that have no license, therefore, we would be on shakey legal
> grounds if we accepted contributions without license terms

Yet this routinely happens.  Patches contributed via bugzilla or ones
that contributors pick from mailing lists etc. FPCA can only cover a
subset of these where the patch contributor is also a Fedora contributor
.In any case,  since the board seems uninterested in the issues I
raised.  I will drop this discussion.

Rahul