Subdomain request: fudcon.fedoraproject.org

Francesco Crippa fcrippa at byte-code.com
Wed Jun 15 10:48:03 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I'm working for the planning of next FUDCon EMEA in Milan, and one
thing we want to do is to have a dedicated website for the event (wiki
is not the best 'user experience' to promote an event...)

It's nothing special, just 3 html static pages with information like
"when", "where", etc...

We have sponsors to cover hosting costs or we can use some fedora
servers for that (static html is easy to be hosted).

The problem is that we want to use a 'professional' domain to access
the website.. something like:
    fudcon.fedoraproject.org

Using external domains or 'free' services (fudcon.wordpress.com,
etc...) is not very professional, and we need as soon as possible a
domain for the press coverage (it's going to be very urgent in a
couple of weeks)

Is it possible to create this subdomain and point it to a static
Amazon S3 website? I discussed the option with the artwork and
infrastructure team, and apparently this is the right mailing list to
have an "authorization" to proceed in that way

Let me know what do you think
Take care

Francesco