Subdomain request: fudcon.fedoraproject.org

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Tue Jun 21 17:10:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:48 AM, Francesco Crippa <fcrippa at byte-code.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm working for the planning of next FUDCon EMEA in Milan, and one
> thing we want to do is to have a dedicated website for the event (wiki
> is not the best 'user experience' to promote an event...)
>
> It's nothing special, just 3 html static pages with information like
> "when", "where", etc...
>
> We have sponsors to cover hosting costs or we can use some fedora
> servers for that (static html is easy to be hosted).
>
> The problem is that we want to use a 'professional' domain to access
> the website.. something like:
>    fudcon.fedoraproject.org
>
> Using external domains or 'free' services (fudcon.wordpress.com,
> etc...) is not very professional, and we need as soon as possible a
> domain for the press coverage (it's going to be very urgent in a
> couple of weeks)
>
> Is it possible to create this subdomain and point it to a static
> Amazon S3 website? I discussed the option with the artwork and
> infrastructure team, and apparently this is the right mailing list to
> have an "authorization" to proceed in that way
>

> Let me know what do you think
> Take care
>
> Francesco

This was discussed at the Board IRC meeting today. There's no
objection to you proceeding with this, and we'd like to see you work
with websites/infra to get this accomplished. In the meeting there
seemed to be a preference for a fedoraproject.org subdomain, and we
assume that infra/websites can easily make this happen. Of course the
wiki pages will remain for the planning infrastructure, but I assume
that is implicit. You may want to look at the full log to see the
discussion.[0]

Thanks for your patience with us in getting to this,

David Nalley

[0] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-board-meeting/2011-06-21/fedora_board.2011-06-21-16.01.log.html