Fedora website, Red Hat, copyright notices and FPCA

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 02:55:06 UTC 2011

On 06/29/2011 08:16 AM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> Perhaps the Fedora Board should at some point specify such "clear
> rules on the decisionmaking process". I wouldn't expect the Board to
> consider it a priority, since the selection of a new default license
> is likely to be an extremely rare event.

I agree with this not being a board priority for a different reason.
Any clarification of the decision making process isn't going to change
the nature of the chair who retains veto power and in the current
governance model must be a full time Red Hat employee.  As long as this
is the case,  ultimately Red Hat retains the rights to change the
default license any time they want .   Default license for code is
extremely permissive anyway and hence I don't expect a change to be
necessary.  However FPCA doesn't mandate the use of a Free and open
source license as the default.  It seems somewhat vague about this.
That,  I think is a point of concern.

Rahul