Trademark approval for publishing books about Fedora

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 17:56:25 UTC 2011

On 02/28/2011 03:40 PM, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Hello!
>
> A Fedora user from Brazil wants to know if it is necessary to get a
> trademark approval for publishing a book about Fedora.
>
> I have seen a lot of books about Fedora and RHEL on book stores but
> never got such a question. Is there any guidelines for that?

There are! :)

From:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#Publications

It is permissible to use the Fedora trademarks in the title and content
of a publication, provided that:

   * the use is clearly in reference to the Fedora Project or its
     software
   * the use does not imply sponsorship or endorsement by Red Hat or
     the Fedora Project
   * Proper trademark symbols are used in connection with the Fedora
     Trademarks and the trademark attribution statement must appear as
     explained in Proper Trademark Use.

Hope that helps,

~tom

==