Gathering community feedback...

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:15:33 UTC 2011

2011/3/2 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>:
> c)
> Mailing list provide the ability to see and reply to others people feed
> back resulting in so called *noise* as in people reassuring their
> feedback encase the message/meaning did get through and etc.. rather
> then constructive discussion.
>
> That results in an end result that is far from being effective and
> reaching the whole community.

That can be the end result, yes.  However, I think it is important to
allow others to see the replies as it will often spark additional
ideas, issues, criticisms in the areas being commented on.  Limiting
the ability to see such feedback in real-time is not transparent.  If
nothing else, allowing people to see the feedback might prevent
multiple people commenting on the same issue the same way over and
over.

Your proposed solution doesn't explicitly mention the ability to see
other people's feedback via the tool/service/whatever.  Maybe you
already had this in mind, but I would suggest you add that as a
requirement to it's design if something like this will go forward.

josh