Looking for feedback on Fedora COC Enforcement Draft

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:50:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 23:15 -0500, Max Spevack wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, seth vidal wrote:
>> >
>> > How is the CWG appointed/elected? How long are they granted seats?
>
> This current make-up of the CWG has been given a one-year term limit. We
> haven't yet worked on a recommendation to the Board on how to handle
> future appointment/elections for the CWG, since we wanted to get the COC
> stuff finished first.

In light of that, it might be better to change the final decision
makers to the Board.  Having a deciding body with a 1 year term limit
and no succession plan in place seems slightly wrong.  My suggestion
is to make the last bullet read:

* The final decision takes place with the Fedora Board, or a delegate
of their choosing.

That still allows the CWG to act but covers the document if the CWG is
disbanded.

josh