Gathering community feedback...

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Sat Mar 5 00:10:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com> wrote:

> Honestly, and I'm sure that a lot of people know that having our own
> limesurvey instance is something that would THRILL ME -- after seeing the
> notes about trying to get things *off* of infrastructure's back, I don't
> have any problem at all with using limeservice.com. If we get to the point
> where we're running 8000+ respondent surveys on a regular basis, sure, but
> beyond that - I think there's nothing wrong with using their service, and
> throwing them a little bit of extra cash to help out their own cause as
> well.

Two things:

1) Thumbs up to using hosted services that run libre software.

2) For the COC, you don't want a poll/survey. That's not going to tell
you much about the COC in general, except for vague yes/no sentiment
from a community that demonstrably has already ignored the lack of a
COC (they wouldn't be here otherwise.) What you really want is
thoughtful, considered, specific feedback on the text. For that I'd
strongly suggest co-ment.org/co-ment.com.

Luis