Difficult to find information about how Fedora is governed

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 17:51:28 UTC 2011

I recently got an email from an individual who was frustrated with
various things, and one item that was clear to me was that the
individual did not know where to bring some the concerns up.  It
appeared that they did not know how Fedora was governed or that there
were contact points for higher level project management.  I wanted to
point out to him where he could find this information only to discover
that it was not easy to find from fedoraproject.org.  The best I could
do was the About Fedora page (http://fedoraproject.org/en/about-fedora)
  which has a small link to the wiki Overview page
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview), but neither of which talk
about our governance model.  I think our governance model is something
special, something that sets us apart from other projects, something
that makes us "Different".

Not only should this detail be easy to find, it should be somewhat
prominently displayed for anybody who's going beyond "where can I get
the bits" to "how does this project work?"

I believe the individual that contacted me would have been far less
frustrated if he had been able to find info about our board, and this
list in particular, so that he could being up his issues in a relevant
setting and not get turned away repeatedly from the various other
contact points we do list at fedoraproject.org.

Beyond the general statements above, I do not have specific suggestions
on what content should be up there, although I did speak briefly with Mo
and she has some ideas she'll reply with once she is no longer traveling.

Thanks for your time!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!