Resignation from FAmSCo, Fedora Ambassadors

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:04:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Fedora Board members:
>
> Tom Callaway wrote a blog post sometime in February where he said --
> and I'm paraphrasing here -- that if participation in the Fedora
> Project wasn't fun for someone, maybe that person should be doing
> something else.
>
> Various issues and conflicts have arisen in the last few months which
> have caused my participation in the Fedora Project to not be as
> enjoyable, or as personally productive and rewarding, as it has been
> in the past.
>
> While I find that unfortunate, some already know I had planned to
> curtail most of my Fedora Project activities at the end of the year in
> order to concentrate on more local and regional FOSS/Linux projects
> going forward in 2012 and beyond.
>
> However, I am moving that timetable up to today.
>
> Effective immediately, I resign from the following positions I hold in
> the Fedora Project:
>
> -- Membership on the Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee (FAmSCo); and
>
> -- Membership in Fedora Ambassadors, including Ambassador Mentor.
>
> I have taken the liberty of removing myself from these memberships and
> others in FAS, though I am not able to remove myself from FAS
> completely. I trust someone will take care of this housekeeping
> matter.
>
> On a personal note, I have learned much from my work with the Fedora
> Project and will apply much of this to future endeavors; to say
> nothing of how grateful I am to have worked with such excellent
> people. I can only hope my contributions to Fedora have come close to
> matching what I take away from the project.
>
> So long, and thanks for all the fish.
>
> Sincerely,
> Larry Cafiero

That is by far the most depressing message I got from Fedora for a long while...

Good riddance Larry. I cannot express how much we will all miss you
from actively participating to Fedora.

I will be around SFO next week, I hope we can catch up for a fair-well coffee..

~p

--
Pierros Papadeas
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8