Discussion regarding Community Working Group and/or Ombudsman

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 10 20:30:45 UTC 2011

Now that the Fedora Board has formally accepted the documents prepared
by the Community Working Group regarding a code of conduct and the
enforcement of the code of conduct, I'd like to start a discussion
regarding the longer-term role of the Community Working Group.  While
the enforcement of the code of conduct (particularly in serious
circumstances) should take place at the Board level, I think there's
general agreement that it might be helpful to have a person or group
dedicated to helping mediate conflicts and referring cases to the
Fedora Board as necessary.  That group could be the CWG, an elected
ombudsman, or something else.

What would you like to see?

--
Jared Smith