Why we DO need a legal entity, why it must have "Fedora" in it's name and why it must be granted the trademark

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:18:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 17:06, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> (Sorry for the longish subject, I hope I have your attention now.)
>
> LinuxTag is over. I had to catch up a lot because I missed 4 days of
> work and I didn't find the time to blog about it. Nevertheless I want to
> share what I have learned as the primary event owner.

Hi Cristoph, these are important points, but maybe not the best time
to deal with this. People are in maximum stress time and not really
going to be articulate versus the usual pre/post release flamewars.

Could I ask a favour and you

A) Set this up after the release and elections are done... say middle of June?
B) Make sure that when it is brought up you have a plan B which is
workable because some of them may not happen in any form outlined.

You have six months from release to release. We have 2 months
afterwords (June/July) where fireworks go on because people who are
tired and want an excuse of leaving are ready to pick fights, and we
have 2 months (October/November) before the release where people are
going to say "I need to focus on X, please come back later." That
leaves 6 months which would be August/September to get political
tricky stuff dealt with.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren