Fedora Board Recap 2011-11-01

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 19:15:56 UTC 2011

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2011-11-01

* Secretary: Rudi Landmann
* Meeting type: Phone

== Attendence ==
=== Present ===
* Toshio Kuratomi
* Rex Dieter
* David Nalley
* Rudi Landmann
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Jon Stanley (late)
* Tom Callaway (invited guest)

=== Not present ===
* Guillermo Gómez
* Peter Robinson
* Joerg Simon

=== Regards ===
* Jared Smith  (headed to FUDcon Pune)

== Agenda ==
* Updates
* Board business

==Updates==
Trademark approval was granted to the Scientific spin and Robotics spin
(118, 119)

==Board business==
* We will close four tickets where we haven't heard from the requesters
for over a year. ke4qqq updated each ticket to give requesters one more
week to respond: 73, 74, 75, 77/85 (85 contains current action for 77)
* We're going to try to transcribe Q & A to ask.fedoraproject.org
(toshio will take on this role for now) to see if this is useful or not.
After a few meetings we'll re-evaluate to see if we want to continue or
not. (80)
* jstanley to look at using Fedora's limesurvey account for an annual
user survey (84)
* ke4qqq to move old board blog content to wiki (92)
* the board declined to dictate what images should ship in the generic
logos package  (115)

===Issues already resolved===
* web redesign is complete (61)
* guidelines already in place for security tools with high potential for
misuse -- spot (86)
* oVirt node spin request retracted (111)

===Issues identified for further consideration or investigation===
* Is anything specific still needed for anthropology report? (question
for jsmith) (79)
* How specific should the language of the vision statement be? Some
folks will likely read it as binding, whether that's intended or not (83)

== Other Notes ==
* Next Board meeting will be a public IRC meeting on Tuesday, November
8th at 16:00 UTC