Fedora Board Recap 2011-11-01

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:08:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 05:15:56AM +1000, Ruediger Landmann wrote:

> ===Issues identified for further consideration or investigation===
> * How specific should the language of the vision statement be? Some
> folks will likely read it as binding, whether that's intended or not (83)

To explain this a bit more:

* We're referring to the Updates Vision Statement here.
* Some folks outside of the Board read it as binding but the Board members
  would rather maintainers read it as guidance for how they should act.
  Our task is to make that distinction in the wording of the Vision.

-Toshio