Community Working Group Status

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Nov 6 21:24:58 UTC 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 10:48:09 -0600
inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group
> >
> > shows a charter that expired on October 25, 2010. Is this group dead
> > now? Is its charter going to be renewed? Is this a current resource
> > for us to redirect folks to for help resolving conflicts?
>
> Oops, the charter expired October 25, 2011. Not long ago but I'm still
> looking for clarification.

Yeah, CWG hasn't really done anything in a while... everyone on it has
been busy I suspect and not much looked pending.

Speaking for myself only:

I'd like to see the Board finish tweaking or collecting input on the
code of conduct, approve it (or drop it) and announce it.

If a CWG seems like something the Board wishes to have around longer
term, I'd suggest they discuss how to populate it, and what it's duties
are.

They did agree that it's not to do enforcement, thats for the
Board, but they could do mediation or proactive things around the
community (best practices guides, pointers to people in the community
how better to get along, etc). Or the Board could work on those things
themselves directly.

kevin