Renaming F16 codename to "Ritchie"

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 08:29:05 UTC 2011

Dne 14.10.2011 09:56, Emilio Lopez napsal(a):
> What about calling Fedora 18 Ritchie?

I don't want to be too cynical, but a sad reality of life is that whole
Computing Founding Fathers generation is getting to the age where
subsequent demises of similarly important figures could be expected (I
won't say any names but all of us can think about some appropriately
aged persons as well).

We are making a precedent here ... will we make next Fedoras one long
continuing obituary? Maybe yes (it would be actually a neat idea), but
we should be aware of this.

Best,

Matěj