Renaming F16 codename to "Ritchie"

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:40:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably also needs to get passed to Legal.  I know the Board has
> a pre-filter that's roughly "no living famous people".. Not sure with
> someone recently deceased if they'll worry about next of kin taking offense
> or something.

Giving this a bit more thought I'm not sure pursuing the release name
is a good idea. While this name may or may not be acceptable to legal,
what if we ever wanted to do this again? Would that name be acceptable
to legal? This seems to introduce complications that may not be worth
muddling though if we think doing something via the release
announcement and release notes is appropriate and acceptable to
everyone.

John