Fedora Board Recap 2011-10-18

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:46:38 UTC 2011

= Fedora Board Meeting  =

* Meeting secretary: Toshio Kuratomi

== Roll Call ==
=== Present ===
Jared Smith
David Nalley
Peter Robinson
Jon Stanley
Rex Dieter
Toshio Kuratomi
Rudi Landmann

=== Not Present ===
Guillermo Gómez

=== Regards ===
Jaroslav Reznik
Joerg Simon

== Updates ==
=== Fedora 16 Schedule ===
* Have a test compose out.
* Hopefully won't have to slip anymore (already slipped two weeks)

== Board Business ==
=== Discussion of Spins proposal ===
==== Vote 1: cwickert's proposal ====
* jstanley -- don't want to set precedent about Board setting a team's internal workflow
** jsmith -- cwickert specifically asked for Board "approval" and feedback

Decided that we'll vote on this as "we like" rather than "we approve".  Spins wrangler/SIG has control over approval of their own workflow

* Unanimously "liked" by the Board

==== Vote 2: whether to make the desktop/KDE spin go through the spin's process ====

* Currently desktop and KDE do not go through process
* Confusion about whether the kickstart is ready, wallpaper is what we intend, etc.
** This would be a way to get a checklist of readiness into the process
* Haven't seen much feedback from either design team or desktop team on list

* Seems that Board is leaning towards approval as:
** Fairness
** Exercising the process will hopefully make sure the process works
** Will hopefully keep some types of last minute readiness bugs out

* jsmith will take this to the design team and desktop team mailing lists for feedback
** Had taken to individuals on both teams and hadn't gotten feedback yet
** notting was hesitant about this proposal (see fab list)

=== Discussion on a dedication for Dennis Ritchie ===
* start.fp.o -- let's do it now
** ask the websites team if they'd be willing to put something onto start.fp.o
** also talk to translators about this
* Release notes/Release announcement
** In favor of doing this
** translators if they're willing to do this
* Release name
** Seems like it involved a lot more work by different teams at a late date
** Disenfranchises the people who voted for the name in the first place

* #action jsmith to ask translators if they're okay with the two approved dedications

=== Elections Schedule ===
 October 19-21: Announce election schedule, call for Town Hall volunteers
 October 25-November 5th: Nominations open (nomination period closes promptly at 23:59:59 UTC on the 5th)
 November 6-12: Organize town hall schedule
 November 6-12: Candidates answer questions, send responses to Wrangler
 November 12: Deadline for questionnaire responses from candidates
 November 13-14: Wrangler presents questioinnaire answers, posts to wiki
 November 15-22: Town Halls
 November 21-22: Finalize online voting application
 November 23-December 5:  Voting Period (voting period closes promptly at 23:59:59 on the 5th)
 December 6: Announce results

* Board agrees to this schedule

=== Any other business ===

== Other Notes ==
* Next Board meeting will be a public IRC meeting on Tuesday, October 25th at 16:00 UTC

[[Category:Board meetings]]