Endorsement of https://github.com/fedoraproject

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 15:58:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> However even if a packager can't get upstream commit access they can still
> keep a local checkout of the upstream repo and use that for both creating
> patches for Fedora and for sending patches back upstream (either having
> thir own git server or emailing patches created using git).

I've been working with several github projects and I believe the
preferred method (if the patches are upstreamable) is to create a fork
of the github project, create a branch in your fork, and then do a
pull request to get upstream to evaluate your patch. It's a little
convoluted, especially if you haven't acclimated to the way git works,
but it does work well.

Richard