Use of Fedora logo in Boxes project

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 03:34:15 UTC 2012

Hi,
  As you may or may not know, we have been working on a new GNOME
application, Boxes[1] that (among other things) enables users to easily
manage virtual-machines. This also includes ability to detect
operating-systems given an installation media and presenting an
intuitive and *impressive* UI to user to easily install different
operating systems with minimum or no interaction. Boxes makes use of a
new library, libosinfo[2] that provides information about operating
systems (which it internally keeps in an XML database).

We really want (more like need) to show logos of different operating
systems to the user[3]. I sent a mail[4] to Fedora legal regarding this
and turns out that we can not use the logos like this unless we get
explicit permission from each trademark holder. Which is why I'm writing
to you folks now. Can we please get the permission to use Fedora logo in
this manner and distribute it along with Boxes or libosinfo?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome3.4