Board question regarding non-software goods.

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 23 00:36:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 17:44 -0500, David Nalley wrote:
> Need for swag is discussed and agreed to by regional groups such as
> FAmNA, EMEA Ambassadors, in public. Designs either generated or
> proofed by Fedora Design (or are designs that have been generated or
> approved in the past) and are then ordered

FWIW there has been more than a trivial amount of swag that has not gone
through design team approval and print-ready artwork has not been
proofed with the design team, resulting in incorrect colors (RGB instead
of correct CMYK colorspace) and the wrong usage of fonts (usually due to
not flattening fonts to paths) in the final product. For the most part,
logo manipulations do go through either the logo queue or the Design
team, but I have been disappointed in the past by designs with errors
that could have been prevented.

~m