Board question regarding non-software goods.

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:52:49 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, den 22.02.2012, 19:36 -0500 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 17:44 -0500, David Nalley wrote:
> > Need for swag is discussed and agreed to by regional groups such as
> > FAmNA, EMEA Ambassadors, in public. Designs either generated or
> > proofed by Fedora Design (or are designs that have been generated or
> > approved in the past) and are then ordered
>
> FWIW there has been more than a trivial amount of swag that has not gone
> through design team approval

Such as? I doubt that anybody but the design team has produced designs
for our swag and I wonder if something that was produced by the design
team needs an explicit approval from the very same team.

> and print-ready artwork has not been
> proofed with the design team, resulting in incorrect colors (RGB instead
> of correct CMYK colorspace)

Incorrect colors are a problem indeed. We are facing it nearly every we
produce something, because most companies acceppt neither RGB nor CMYK
but want Pantone. Is there anything we can do about this?

> and the wrong usage of fonts (usually due to
> not flattening fonts to paths) in the final product. For the most part,
> logo manipulations do go through either the logo queue or the Design
> team, but I have been disappointed in the past by designs with errors
> that could have been prevented.

Again, I am not aware of any swag design that did not come from the
design team. Maybe some new team members need better knowledge of the
guidelines or we need a more formal approval process there?

Kind regards,
Christoph