Board Meeting @ FUDCon

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 13:49:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 01:11:27PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 01/05/2012 12:58 PM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> >On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Toshio Kuratomi<a.badger at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >>There is.  jsmith had started an agenda for this but I don't seem to be able
> >>to find a link to it at the moment.
> >Funny, I thought I had too -- but I can't find it at the moment either.
> >
> >I propose that we have a couple-hour session on Friday afternoon to
> >discuss the following:
> >
> >A) Retrospective of the Board's work over the past year
> >B) Discussion on how to start moving from the strategic goals we've
> >set to tactical changes that make a difference
> >C) Are there any strategic/governance/policy shifts we should make in
> >the next year?
> >
> >It might even make sense to split this up into a couple of different
> >sessions.  Perhaps one Friday afternoon, and another on Sunday
> >morning?  Would the Board find any value in having one for just Board
> >members and another more open to all participants?
> I think that other participants would find value in the latter,
> particularly on B and C, not that I'm speaking at least for myself
> here :)

FYI, the Insight team has a hackfest going on Sunday morning where we
want to do some user-driven design for the calendar solution the team
wants to create.  I believe we invited participation from rbergeron +
jsmith among others.  I'm not sure if any other Board members were
planning on being there, although certainly it's open to anyone.  Just
putting that out there to factor into scheduling.