Partnership with DuckDuckGo?

Neville A. Cross neville at taygon.com
Wed Jan 11 05:24:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 01:28 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> > We've also fielded some criticism I think for using Google as the
> > start.fedoraproject.org search engine. DuckDuckGo might be a friendlier
> > alternative for start.fpo.
>
> +1

I think DGG provides more useful results, at least for technical
searches. I got less junk results. I like the idea of bursting the
bubble, right now my google bubble has a lot of bad results and it is
just giving me more of the same.

I have to admit that I haven't use DDG to search on my own language.

Thinking on this topic, the search bar on start.fedoraproject.org does
not say in which search engine will do the querry. I think that it will
requiere some hint, but I am not sure that I will like to see branding.
Dificult!

I like very much the filter that is offered now about licence, but to
tell the true I have never used it.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217