FUDcon Board Meeting

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:43:55 UTC 2012

Am Montag, den 16.01.2012, 12:02 +0200 schrieb Nicu Buculei:
> On 01/15/2012 11:00 PM, David Nalley wrote:
> > == SOPA ==
> >
> > Proposals:
> >
> > 1. Change the front page with clickthrough with general position on
> > Jan 18th.  2 for - 5 against.
> > 2. General statement to announce + ticker tape linking to statements
> > til the end of the month on the front page. +7
> > 3. Do Nothing - obviated
> >

> > Proposal 2 approved.
> >
> > Jared to write statement to announce and arrange for ticker tape.
>
> Can we also have Fedora listed at http://sopastrike.com/ ?

We decided to NOT go on strike but instead have the ticker and a
statement.

Fedora is an international project and there are a lot of similar acts
in other countries. We had this discussion in Germany already and AFAIK
there are similar acts discussed in the UK and Spain.

If we go on strike because of SOPA, we'd also need to go on strike for
all the other acts or for censored internet in countries like China.
We'd need to shutdown the Fedora website *permanently* because we cannot
draw a line between the US and SOPA on the one hand and all he other
countries on the other. This is why most of us think a statement from us
is better.

Regards,
Christoph