FUDcon Board Meeting

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 00:10:51 UTC 2012

On 01/20/2012 11:30 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> The Board considers and finds that duckduckgo is superior to google.  It
> therefore says "when web searching within Fedora is configurable or
> controlled by Fedora, it should default to using duckduckgo".

The board doesn't have to pass a edict.  Instead, board can pass a
recommendation to consider it. Discuss it with the involved people if
necessary.  Maintainers can always take decisions. The purpose of the
board is to consider decisions for Fedora on the whole instead of every
maintainer of every browser in Fedora doing it as per their choice.  It
isn't about asking for permission really.  It is about having a place to
decide project wide things that aren't within FESCo's domain.

As far as setting precedent, the board has made decisions which have
turned out to be unpopular ( ex: codec buddy ).  I rather have a board
that makes decisions even if they are wrong at times rather than one
afraid to be decisive at all.

Rahul