Fedora Torrent seeder plans and future

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jan 21 06:49:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 16:23:10 -0700,
  Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> 1. Discontinue torrent seeding before F17 alpha.

Some spins have not been advertised on the direct download pages (and to
the best of my knowledge aren't mirrored). If torrents are not provided
for these is there going to be a plan to get download links to them
and have them mirrored? Is increasing the amount of stuff being mirrored
going to cause a problem?

> 2. Discontinue torrent seeding, but generate "official" torrent files
> for download so others in the community could seed if they wished to.

I don't think we want to do this. It will reflect badly on Fedora to
have pointers to torrents where no one is seeding them. While the main
spins will probably get someone to seed them, some of the less popular
ones might not.