Proposal: Add more items to the Fedora's CoC

Andrea Veri averi at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 21 15:58:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

it's been some time now that I notice several people being insulted
or provoked while contributing to Fedora.

One of the possible reasons I see in that is the CoC [1] (Code of
Conduct) missing several important items and most of all the impossibility to
enforce its content when a contributor infringes it.

While punishing someone (i.e suspending his/her FAS account for
example) is definitely not the way to go in a polite community like
Fedora, I would love writing down together with any other community
member interested a reviewed CoC document.

That said, I would like to point out a few other things:

1. the CoC's location should definitely be a page under the
   fedoraproject.org's domain (i.e fp.org/code-of-conduct), and not
   just a two-line wiki page. The CoC is an important document and
   deserves better publicity and openness.
2. any Fedora contributor before starting his/her contributions should
   be prompt to accept the CoC like we currently do with the FPCA, I
   am pretty much sure not everyone out there ever saw the page at [1].
3. as I outlined above punishing someone is not the way go, anyway I
   think taking in front of the Board any of the borderline cases
   should be a must. (i.e if a contributor breaks the rules several
   times and gets warned, an action must be taken to avoid the
   repetition of further infringements)

Feedback's welcome.

cheers,

Andrea