Regarding personnel changes in Fedora

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:51:38 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:40 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/11/2012 02:35 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:28 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
>> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Given the recent announcement regarding the new Fedora program manager
>>> and
>>> since I got asked I just forward those question to the right people who
>>> can
>>> clarify these things for people preferable on a wiki page(s) in
>>> foreseeable
>>> future.
>>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Engineering probably answers a
>> number of your questions.
>

> Yeah well unfortunately that one does not answer for example "Fedora Program
> Manager" who he is, what he does, and if he's being payed for serving this
> position or is doing so out of his or hers own free time.

I answered why that is in subsequent emails.  Reading all the replies
you got would be good.

>>> Who are Fedora personal?
>>
>> I interpret 'Fedora personel' as people being paid to work on Fedora,
>> which the above wiki page covers.  There are, of course, a very large
>> number of people that volunteer their time to work on various things
>> in Fedora as well.
>

> So people that get paid to work on Fedora are called fedora personal while
> the individuals that contribute their own free time are not .

personal != personnel.  You keep making that typo, or if it isn't a
typo I really have no idea what you mean.

Anyway, I said I interpreted the question as such because the word
personnel is defined as:

"The body of persons employed by or active in an organization, business,
or service."

employed being the key word.  Words mean things.  Volunteers are not
employees.

> That's... Interesting to say the least..

Not really.  Employed and volunteer contributors are all part of the
same community.  Eric's reply also pointed out that the question seemed
to be posed rather pointedly.  If you meant to ask some other question
other than what I've interpreted, please clarify.

josh