Regarding personnel changes in Fedora

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:51:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah well unfortunately that one does not answer for example "Fedora Program
>> Manager" who he is, what he does, and if he's being payed for serving this
>> position or is doing so out of his or hers own free time.
>
> The program manager is a paid role employed by Red Hat. The person's
> job is schedule related as well as some house keeping tasks. I'm sure
> there's a job description somewhere.

Short description including excerpt from the public job posting can be
seen here.

http://wordshack.wordpress.com/2012/04/19/are-you-the-next-fedora-program-manager/

This position was advertised at least the last two times it has been
filled, I don't know its history prior to the time of John Poelstra
filling it or whether it even existed prior to that.

John